HOW YOU CAN HELP US TO HELP YOU
- Please treat all staff with the same courtesy with which you would expect to be treated yourself.
- Please ask if you do not understand your treatment or what is advised.
- Please ask for a night visit only when it is absolutely necessary, as the doctor on call also has to work during the day.
- Home visits in the day should only be requested when the patient is genuinely too ill to leave the house. These requests should be telephoned before 10.30 am (except in unforeseen emergencies of course). Often a more thorough examination and investigation is possible at the surgery.
- Please arrive on time for appointments and give us as much notice as possible in advance in the event that you need to cancel.
- Please remember that we have to meet the needs of several thousand patients. We ask that you will be tolerant of delays due to other patients more pressing needs and the help us to minimise delays by not abusing our ready availability for URGENT problems.
In line with current NHS Policy Verbal and Physical Aggression is not tolerated at our Practice. If a patient is verbally or physically aggressive they will be removed from the practice register with immediate effect and reported under the Violent Patients protocol which means that the patient is allocated a surgery and attends with a Police presence.